The beginning...

This is my first blog...it will be based on one of the most difficult dreams. Please forgive my horrible spelling punctuation and grammar.

This difficult dream of mine started along long time ago thanks to my mother. I was 7 years old the first time I sat down and watched a film or should I say this was the first I could remember. It was the Goonies.

After watching the Goonies, I was drawn to adventure, I remember as a child trying to reenact everything I saw them do. I used to draw up treasure maps and tell my friends that I had found maps buried in an old box out in the shed. I used to get my marble bag and dump it in an old box and bury weeks before I showed them the map…then we would set off to find it. I am sure after awhile they caught on to what I was doing, though none of them ever mentioned it.

My parents were always supportive of my creative side. I started art before I could walk.

As the years went by I found myself intrigued more and more with film, some of the greatest…the biggest being Alfred Hitchcock and any suspense/ horror flick. Drawn to these genres, I began to write short stories and pass them around to my friends to see what they thought. The feedback was always good.

The reality of how hard it was to become a film maker set in. Then love and everything else that a teenager faces took over and the love for wanting to write and make movies disappeared.

The great thing about dreams and passion is that no matter how far you stray from them they never stray from you.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment